High Cholesterol often caused by unhealthy lifestyle choice like a diet, high saturated fats and lack of physical activity. Start by taking an honest look at your eating habits and daily routine. Consider your challenges to loss some excess weight and set long term sustainable goals. Regularly exercise can help improve your cholesterol levels. First you have to see your Doctor if your alright with this exercise and how many minutes a day you can do it. Ride your biker, take a brisk daily walk, swimming. To maintain your motivation, keep it simple, fun and find an exercise buddy or join an exercise group. Any way you don't need to get all 20 to 30 minutes in one session. If you can squeeze in three 10 minutes exercise, it will be count as a 30 minutes your exercise a day and you still get some cholesterol levels going down.
Excess Weight contributes to high cholesterol. High Cholesterol often is caused by unhealthy lifestyle and fatty food, like a diet high in saturated fats and lack of physical activity. What you eat has a direct impact on your cholesterol level. if you change your diet like a rich in fiber and other good healthy fat food may help lower cholesterol as much as medication for some people. Excess weight contributes to high level cholesterol. Losing excess weight can help lower your high cholesterol levels.
Pranayama and Yoga help you to reduce weight and maintain your body as well your cholesterol. Pranayama and Yoga health benefits, rejuvenating your mind and soul. Pranayama is a breathing exercises and as the intake oxygen increases the cells in your body get activated. This exercises eventually helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure and increases the healthy life as well your heart. The most useful pranayama and yoga asanas for reducing high cholesterol are Suray Namaskar, Anulom Vilom, Bhastrika and Kapal Bhati. When Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation are done regularly, they prove to be perfect combination of reducing cholesterol as well as improving your overall health and weight loss as well.
Yoga and Pranayama helps reduce the stress level and relax the muscles tone as well. The breathing techniques help regulate the energy level and meditation help in calming down and giving you peace of mind. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama help in removing toxins and waste from your body.
Home remedies for how to reduce Cholesterol
This is Grandmas Tips; To reduce cholesterol have some desired quantity of chopped ginger and squeeze few drops of lemon on and eat this mix before every major meals. This will help you to reducing the cholesterol level.
Coriander Seeds; In India research has shown that coriander seeds helps lower the levels of high cholesterol. Coriander seeds have hypoglycemic effect and can be useful in diabetes as well. Take two tablespoons of coriander seeds powder and one cup of water. Biol the mixture until left half and then strain it. Drink this water twice a day. You can have this mixture like a tea with add some milk, honey and cardamon to replacement for your regular tea. You can buy this coriander power from any super market or any Indian grocery store. If you can't find coriander powder, then simply buy coriander seeds, roast it and grind them to make the powder to use it.
Apple Cider Vinegar; Apple cider vinegar helps lower your total cholesterol and it's a great home remedy for so many different aliments, like a high blood pressure, gout, obesity, acid problem, infection and others. Mix one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
Drink this two or three times a day at least of 4 to 6 weeks. You can gradually increases the amount of apple cider vinegar per glass. You can mix apple cider vinegar with fresh orange juice or any other fruit juices.
Some More Tips
- Red Onion; Onion are beneficial in dealing with high cholesterol. Hong Kong scientist found that they help reduce bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol levels. Mix one tsp onion juice and one tsp of good brand honey. Drink this mix every day.
- Chopped red onion and quarter tsp of pepper, mix this with one cup of buttermilk. Have this mix on regular basis.
- When you make your food, add ginger, garlic and red onion in your diet.
- Oatmeal; You can enjoy a bowl of oatmeal is a effective way to reduce your cholesterol levels. It is full of fiber and reduce or lowers your bad cholesterol and keep you satisfy from your morning breakfast. One cup of cooked oatmeal or one cup of oat bran, you can add fruits and nuts such as banana, apple, strawberries, blueberries and walnuts for good healthy breakfast.
- Fish Oil; Fatty Fish and fish oil such as mackerel, salmon, sardines. tuna, herring and packed with omega_3 fatty acids. They help lower your fats in your blood and prevent from heart disease. You have to consume about two to four grams of fish oil everyday. If you are vegetarian or vegan. then you have to have a ground flax-seeds or flaxseeds oil, which is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
- Reduce High Cholesterol by doing Yoga and Pranayama; Since maintaining weight is very important for person with high cholesterol level.
- Walnuts, almond, hazelnuts, pecans and other nuts are useful in controlling high cholesterol because they are rich in fiber. Walnuts in particular, have been found help lower total cholesterol levels. So now you have a good reason to enjoy a handful of delicious roasted nuts regularly, but do not overdo it, it's also increase your consumption of whole grains and other high fiber foods.