Acne is very common in teenagers and younger adults. About 80% of people between the ages of 11 and 30 will be affected by acne. Acne is most common between the ages of 14 and 17 in girls, and boys between 16 and 19. Most people have acne on and off for several years before their symptoms start to improve as they get older. Acne often disappears when a person is in their mid-twenties. In some cases, acne can continue into adult life. About 5% of women and 1% of men have acne over the age of 25.
Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point. It causes spots to develop on the skin, usually on the face, back and chest.Keeping your skin clean is important, but will not prevent new spots developing. Wash the affected area twice a day with a mild soap or cleanser, but do not scrub the skin too hard to avoid irritating it.
Sleep deprivation, too much stress, unhealthy eating habits and a hectic lifestyles can also cause acne. Acne can appear on the face, chest, back and scalp. Although there is no definitive cure, there are many simple and easy natural cures using common ingredients found in your pantry and refrigerator to prevent or minimize the problem.
Turmeric like an antioxidant and antibacterial properties give it inflammation powers to heal and fading acne scars. Turmeric also known as curcuma longa, is a Indian common herb. It is referred to as a Queen of Spices. People across the world using this herbs in their cooking.
How it's work?
Like an exfoliate, which is why it is ideal for brightening complexions and fading acne scars. It is antibacterial and antioxidant properties give you inflammation fighting powers at the same time it's clear your skin as well.
Most import use a glass bowl to mix 1 tea spoon Turmeric and 2 tea spoon of natural yogurt. Apply to skin like a mask and wash off after 15 minutes with warm water. Apply any moisturizer after wash your face and see how clean, bright your skin it is?
Turmeric also can stain your skin temporarily, so remove thoroughly with warm water. Yogurt is also powerful natural exfoliate by it's self, so added this two ingredients make an unbeatable acne fighting, scar fading mask.
Tea Tree Oil
Another popular natural treatment for acne is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil acts like an antiseptic and disinfects the pores In addition, it helps kill the bacteria that cause acne. Just apply one drop of tree tea oil to the affected area three times a day. If the application of undiluted tea tree oil causes skin irritation, redness, and over drying then use a 5 percent solution of tea tree oil.
Aloe Vera Gel
The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties in aloe vera can treat acne in a matter of a few days. Aloe vera gel is also helpful in healing the scars caused by acne. You can buy aloe vera gel from the market or get pure aloe vera gel by cutting a leaf off an aloe vera plant and squeezing the gel from the middle. Apply the aloe vera gel to the affected area twice daily.
Indian lilac, also known as Neem, can be use for treatment of various skin problems. It contains antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that help kill the bacteria that cause acne. Also, it soothes the redness and inflammation of skin breakouts.
- Make a paste of tender Indian lilac leaves by adding a little water. Add some turmeric powder to the paste and then apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off. Do this at least twice a week.
- You can also apply Neem oil a few times a day until you see improvement.
The herb fenugreek can also be used in the treatment of acne due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- Mix fresh fenugreek leaves with water to make a smooth paste. Apply the herbal paste on the affected area and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water. Repeat the process for three to four days to allow the acne to heal.
- Alternatively, grind one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into a fine powder and add a little warm water to it to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it on for overnight and then rinse it off. Do this two or three times a week.
The acidic property and high vitamin C present in an orange makes it a perfect remedy for acne. You can use the juice from the orange as well as its peel, but the peel can be more effective.
- Put orange peel in the sun and let it completely dry out.
- Grind the dried peel into a powder and add water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water.
The toothpaste that you use regularly to clean your teeth can also help clear up an acne problem. This is in fact one of the easiest home remedies for acne.
Apply a small amount of white toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed. The toothpaste will reduce the swelling and dry out the acne. Within a day or two, you should see significant improvement.
These simple and easy-to-follow natural treatments for acne can solve the problem to some extent.For best results, you must also live a healthy lifestyle. If you cannot successfully treat your acne with these home remedies, you should consult a doctor.