This meditation, you can do any time when its suitable for you. when you feel really stress then definitely you have to go for this deep relaxation. When you get 10 to 20 minutes to spare and want to shed some of the tension you have accumulated in your life. It is also great way to prepare for the other meditation you have read before, because it's leaves you feeling relaxed, refreshed and your self.
- Find a comfortable place to lie down. If you have any tight clothing, try to loosen up, remove or loosen you belt, take off your shoes, and stretch out on your back with your arms resting at your side, legs slightly apart.
- Close your eyes and bring your awareness to your feet. Wiggle your toes, flex your feet, and then let go all tension as much as you can, allowing your feet to feel that all your tension is going to melt away from you.
- Shift your awareness to your lower legs, thighs and hips, imagine them becoming light and relaxed and all your tension melting away from you.
- Bring your awareness to your lower abdomen, imagine all tension draining away from you, your breath deepening, and your belly slowly go up and down.
- Bring your awareness to your upper abdomen, chest, neck and throat, feeling the areas opening and softening and try to relax your self.
- Bring your awareness to your shoulder, upper arms, lower arms, hands and your fingers, imagine them becoming relaxed and all tension melting away from you or melt in to the floor.
- Bring your awareness to your head and face, feel the tension melting away from your face across your head and going away from you.
- Scan your body from head to toe, starching for any remaining area to tension or discomfort, then just imagine then relaxing completely.
- Experience your body as one of relaxation, without parts or edges.
- continue to resting in this position for 5 to 10 minutes then slowly being to wiggle your fingers and toes,
- stretch your arms and legs, open your eyes slowly and gradually come up to a sitting position.
Now check yourself and notice how you feel. Do you feel more relaxed? Does your body feel lighter?
Does atmosphere and everything around different in any way? Now gently get up and enjoy your day.